Friday, May 2, 2014

The Big Orange Splotch


When I was in kindergarten my kindergarten teacher gave me this book. I have loved it ever since. Today my mother came and read it to my students. 
The story starts off on a street where all the houses look exactly the same. All the neighbors are proud of living on such a "neat street." The one day a seagull drops a can of orange paint on one of the houses. Instead of painting his house back, he paints it to resemble his dreams. "Our street is us and we are it. Our street is where we like to be, and it looks like all our dreams." Then all the neighbors change their houses to represent their dreams.
So when my momma finished the book, my kiddos wrote about what they would want their houses to look like.

The kids came up with such amazing ideas. I had houses shaped like yorkies, castles, submarine houses, lava house, cupcake house, and more!





No comments:

Post a Comment