Friday, October 31, 2014

Fractions

I have decided that as a teacher it is not the activity that the kiddos are doing, it's the questions that go with the activity that matters.

Here's a lesson that I thought really worked well for my kiddos.
All it was was a bunch of different colored tiles in a baggy. If you don't have tiles, M&Ms would work.
They had to name the fractions, compare the fractions, understand unit fractions, denominator, decimals, and expanded form.
Plus it was hands on, and the kiddos had to work together with their partner. It's definitely a lesson I will be doing again next year!
Plus when the kiddos were done they were able to create a bar graph of their data. There are tons of different ways to extend this activity which is perfect for my GT students.


No comments:

Post a Comment