Wednesday, October 4, 2017

New Unit!!!

Our place value and data units are over.
We'll definitely still be reviewing those in class and having homework about those things but we're moving on to bigger and better things now.


Word problems!
Addition and Subtraction problems!!!


This is one of my favorite things to teach in math because the kiddos can get so creative in the way that they solve math problems.
I'm always surprised when I see the way students model their thinking.


The TEK we are working on is:
3.4A I will solve one-step and two-step problems involving addition and subtraction within
1,000.
3.5A I will represent one- and two-step problems involving addition and subtraction of whole
numbers to 1,000 using pictures, number lines, and equations.
3.7C I will determine the solutions to problems involving addition and subtraction of time
intervals in minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment