Monday, March 24, 2014

Fairy Tales

I am so very excited about reading this week!
We are starting our new unit on fairy tales!

The TEKS for second grade are:
Students are expected to:(A)  identify moral lessons as themes in well-known fables, legends, myths, or stories; and(B)  compare different versions of the same story in traditional and contemporary folktales with respect to their characters, settings, and plot.

This means that we'll be keeping track of characters, settings, and plots and reading several different versions of the same story.
This week we're reading different versions of Little Red Riding Hood and Cinderella.





Coincidentally the Texas School for the Deaf is performing their annual play next weekend and it happens to be Cinderella.
I wish I could take all of my kiddos on a field trip to go see it but since I can't.... I'm posting the information here in hopes that their parents will take them!
I will be going and I'd love to see some of my students there!

Cinderella 2014

Cinderella Play

Friday, April 4, 2014
And Saturday, April 5, 2014
At 7 p.m.
Texas School for the Deaf
R.L. Davis Auditorium
Austin, Texas
Student $5; Adult $8; (children under 5—free)

No comments:

Post a Comment