Wednesday, November 1, 2017

New Units!!

We have finished our first two units in math and in science so we're moving on to.....
FRACTIONS  and FORCE.




The big ideas for science are:
  •  Force can cause an object to change position or motion. 
  • The Earth’s surface is constantly changed by push and pull forces.
The big ideas for math are:
  • Fractions represent equal parts of a whole or a set of objects, and can be expressed as a/b.
  • Fractions can be represented with models, names, and symbols.
  • Fractions can be composed and decomposed into the sum of unit fractions.
  • A fraction can be represented as a point on a number line between 0 and 1.
  • Models can be used to show that fractions with different names can have the same value or represent the same part of a whole.




SCIENCE TEKS:
3C I can represent the natural world using models such as volcanoes and identify their limitations, including size, properties, and materials.
6A  I can explore different forms of energy, including mechanical, light, sound, and heat/thermal in everyday life.
6B I can demonstrate and observe how position and motion can be changed by pushing and pulling objects to show work being done such as swings, balls, pulleys, and wagons.
6C I observe forces such as magnetism and gravity acting on objects.
5A I can measure, test, and record physical properties of matter, including magnetism.


MATH TEKS:
3.3A  I will represent fractions with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 using concrete objects and pictures, strip diagrams and number lines.
3.3B I will find the fractions with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 on a number line.
3.3C I will explain that the unit fraction represents one part of a whole.
3.3D I will compose and decompose a fraction.
3.3E I will solve problems involving fractions with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8.
3.3F I will represent equivalent fractions with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 using a objects, pictures, and number lines.
3.3G I will explain that two fractions are equivalent when they are on the same point on the number line or represent the same portion of a same size whole.
3.3H I will compare two fractions having the same numerator or denominator.

No comments:

Post a Comment