Sunday, November 26, 2017

Unit 4

As we come back from Thanksgiving break, I'm starting a new unit. We'll review fractions of course but then it's time to move on to multiplication!
In science we're moving to the solar system!
Below are the TEKS for unit 4.

3.4D I will determine the total number of objects when equally-sized groups of objects are combined or arranged in arrays up to 10 by 10.
3.4E I will represent multiplication facts by using repeat addition, equal-sized groups, arrays, area models, equal jumps on a number line, and skip counting.
3.4F I will recall facts to multiply up to 10 by 10 with automaticity and their division facts.
3.4G I will use strategies to multiply a two-digit number by a one-digit number. Strategies may include mental math, partial products, and the commutative, associative, and distributive properties. 
3.4H I will determine the number of objects in each group when a set of objects is split into equal shares or a set of objects is shared equally.
3.4I I will determine if a number is even or odd using divisibility rules;
3.4J I will determine a quotient using the relationship between multiplication and division.
3.4K I will solve one-step and two-step problems involving multiplication and division using pictures, arrays, area models, and equal groups; properties of operations; or recall of facts.

8C I can construct models that demonstrate the relationship of the Sun, Earth, and other planets.

8D I can identify the planets in Earth's solar system and their position in relation to the Sun.

3C I can represent the natural world using models such as volcanoes or Sun, Earth, and Moon system and identify their limitations, including size, properties, and materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment