Monday, September 8, 2014

Expanded Form

I must be honest... part of the reason I keep a blog is to help me remember all the cool ideas I've done/want to try.

We technically finished our place value unit HOWEVER, we will be continuing to practice those skills all year.

So, here are some of the ways I taught expanded notation this year.

Styrofom cups
Mrs. T's First Grade Class: Numbers in expanded notation.  When you put the cups together, you see the number. When you take them apart, you see the place value of each digit! Great concrete idea for those that need it!
Match the standard form to the expanded form games

And this fabulous visual.... see how you line up the numbers and bring them down? Then you just add the zeros? I love it.




This ammmmmmazing freebie from TpT.






No comments:

Post a Comment