Monday, September 8, 2014

Time Lines

Ahhhh measuring time... every teacher's favorite section in math.

I got a fantastic idea from one of the other fourth grade teachers to make timelines with my students. So that's exactly what we did.
The big purple jumps are one hour, the littler green jumps are ten minutes, and the smaller pink one is five minutes. Then you add up all the jumps.
I loved doing this but next year I want to make each bump something different.... so like hour would be triangle, ten minute squares, and five minutes round.
As a teacher I'm constantly adapting and changing my lessons to better fit the needs of my students. I'm so thankful to the people on my campus for always sharing ideas with me!


These were the problems we worked on....

Jessica goes to the park at 5:30pm. She leaves the park one hour and forty-five minutes later. What time is it when she leaves the park?

Cassandra’s baseball game ends at 9:15. It started at 7:45. How long was her game?

Kennedy started jogging at 4:20. She finished at 6:05. How long was she jogging?

Cooper started school at 8:15am. He ended school at 2:50pm. How long was he in school?


Julie’s music class ended at 5:10. She was in class for 4 hours and 25 minutes. When did her class start?

Robert went to the store at 2:50. He left the store at 4:25. How long was he at the store?
 
Joey went to the mall at 3:15. He left the mall after one hour and a half. What time was it when he left?

If Vanessa’s mom tells her to go to her room for three hours and twenty-five minutes, and she goes to her room at 1:45, what time can she get out?

 

 
 
 

We're so proud of our hard work!

This week I would also like to do these elapsed time questions found for FREE on TpT.

No comments:

Post a Comment