Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Dr Dower

Doctor Dower (aka Ms. Dower's father) is a retired PhD scientist. He worked at 3M my whole life but now he spends his time traveling in his RV with my mom, singing in different bands and choirs, cooking delicious meals, and volunteering at my school.

My students and I are so lucky to have him around!

Today Dr. Dower came to teach us about matter.
There are three states of matter that we learn about in third grade: solids, liquids, and gasses.
We also talk about the physical properties and observable characteristics of matter.


Putting on his safety googles!!


Oooooohhh. 


Pouring liquid nitrogen. 


Demonstrating liquid molecules.
Liquid nitrogen!


Here's a video of Dr. Dower's balloon getting SO COLD that the air inside is turning from a gas to a liquid and even a solid.
Then when it warms up, it turns back into a gas!

No comments:

Post a Comment