Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Pentapus and Dr. Dower

Dr. Dower came today to talk to us about HEAT and how heat can change matter.
 
This goes with our TEKS:
  • 5(A) I classify matter by physical properties, including shape, relative mass, relative temperature, texture, flexibility, and whether material is a solid or liquid;
  • 5(B) I will compare changes in materials caused by heating and cooling.
  • 5(C) I will demonstrate that things can be done to materials to change
  • 6(A) I will investigate the effects on an object by increasing or decreasing amounts of light, heat, and sound energy.
  • 2(D) I record and organize data using pictures, numbers, and words.
  • 2(E) I will communicate observations and justify explanations using my own data.
  • 1(A) I will identify and demonstrate safe practices like wearing safety goggles, washing hands, and using materials appropriately.
  • 1(B) I will  describe the importance of safe practices.



 First, we introduced the Pentapus and where he lives. He lives on a planet that ONLY has water. He doesn't know about different states of matter because he only has liquid. He breathes liquid, he drinks liquid, he lives in liquid.











 
 
  

1 comment: