Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Math

I love teaching fact families. Three numbers that make a family!
For example 3, 4, and 7. 
3+4=7
4+3=7
7-3=4
7-4=3

We made our fact family neighborhood. Some of the kiddos that finished early made us trees!



We're also continuing to talk about doubles. (Click the link to go to my pack on teacherspayteachers)
A great thing about doubles is that they can help us learn our doubles plus one!
If someone asks me what is 6+7? I will say in my head "I know that six plus six equals twelve (that's swell) so I know that six plus six plus one more is thirteen!"




Here is a video of my wonderful class singing the doubles song.
We're still working on the automaticity of it but we're getting there!!


Also...
Shameless plug in...
We love using our whiteboards. We love our whiteboard markers.
We run out of ink very quickly.
If anyone has it in their heart to donate money or markers.. that would be WONDERFUL!


No comments:

Post a Comment