Thursday, October 3, 2013

Matter


I showed my kiddos my teeth whitening pictures. We oohed and ahhed over the differences.
We talked about how scientists probably went through many experiments to figure out what worked.
We talked about using both light, and chemicals in the trays.
We even mentioned how scientists made the lipstick that I'm wearing in the last picture.

(To the tune of Farmer in the Dell)
An inquirer I will be,
An inquirer I will be,
Asking questions helps me learn.
An inquirer I will be!

Today in science we had so much fun working with our solid and liquid tea.

I love watching my little inquiring minds at work. They put together such wonderful ideas about the differences between the two.
Rachael is WAFTING the smell towards her.

Tea 1 and Tea 2

Mike working hard on recording his DATA.

Beck with his finished worksheet. 

My sweet class right before we compared and shared. 

I was so proud of the things they came up with!
Look at my little scientists using words like flows, forms to cup, pours, slides, crunches, cube, form, shape...
We also made similes about them! 

The matter vocabulary that I expect my kiddos to know are:
  • classify
  • flexible
  • texture
  • magnetism
  • freeze
  • change
  • matter
  • gas
  • liquid
  • solid
  • physical state
  • physical properties
  • evaporate
  • melt
  •  volume



No comments:

Post a Comment