Friday, October 18, 2013

Science Writing

I had the kiddos pretend to be a state of matter that is going to change into another state of matter. I'm really trying to be more creative in my assignments. This was so much more engaging than having the kids just write about matter. (Shout out to Ms. Vechan for the ideas)

Their writings was AWESOME.
Here are a few examples:

I am chocolate. My state of matter is a solid and I've been wanting to be a gas but I cannot be a gas because I'm solid. And wait there's a hand reaching for me. Ahhhh! Hand is putting me out to melt. Ahhh! Four minutes later in the Texas sun, I am a liquid and I didn't want to be a liquid. The reason I do not want to be a liquid is because I don't want to be shapeless.
-Beck

I am a Hershey's chocolate bar on the window. Emilee just put me outside. I am as hard as a rock. I don't want to be a liquid. Noooo! I started to melt. Yay! I like being a liquid and I scream yay all day. I like being a liquid... I like wiggling. I like warming. I like being goey and wet.
-Emilee

I am hot chocolate. My state of matter is liquid. I flow. I don't break. I take the shape of a container. I wiggle. I have waves. The evil Rachael takes me and puts me in the freezer. I am so terrified. I don't want to become a solid. They break! Finally I am out, but I am a solid.
-Caelyn

I am rootbeer. My state of matter is liquid. But Sarah is going to put me in the freezer. After that she is going to experiment me. I will be frozen and can't jiggle or pour. I am terrified and scared and sad. I like when people pour me and put me in cups and drink me and get me from the refrigerator.
-Rachael

I am chocolate and my state of matter is a solid. Will is about to put me outside. Then I will melt. I never been a liquid. I got an idea, I can escape but how? He is a giant. No. No! He is putting me outside. I have to melt into a liquid. It is the end! I never can be a solid unless I get into the freezer. I need to wait for Will to put me in the freezer. The end.
-Raghav

Hi. I am a chocolate bar. My state of matter is solid. I've always wanted to be a liquid. I wake up still my normal self. Then all of a sudden, someone picked me up and threw me into the bathroom. I bumped on the solid toilet, slid onto the floor and into a dog's mouth. Then dog threw me onto the couch. I bounced off into the oven with a casserole. I was terrified. I had to take a breath I couldn't because the oven already started. I melted and melted! It hurt a little but out popped the casserole and me. I was a liquid. Hooray! I shouted. It was saddest day of my life and the happiest day of my life.
-Sarah

I am water. My state of matter is liquid but then Will was walking towards me and put me in fire! And started to evaporate up up to space. I  can't breath in space. Ahhh! I'm going to die for my life. Nooo! EEEEEk! By myself I am going in the sun. I can't stop. Noooo. I'm scared. No, I'm going in now Ahhhh.
-Nehan


No comments:

Post a Comment