Thursday, September 19, 2013

EEKK

I love the story Chrysanthemum and pretty much all Kevin Henke stories!

Today we took a closer look at VOWELS and CONSONANTS. I've started word work but I realized I have some kiddos who don't know the difference between the two! I am constantly being reminded to start at the basics and then build up. Some kiddos don't need the reminder, which is why I do my best to make all of my lessons interesting, even for those who aren't in dire need of the review.

We did a short activity where we write our name and make the vowels one color, and the consonants another color.


As you can see from Ryan's face... we really liked this! 


I have started my reading groups now that I have all the reading assessments done (Hallelujah!) 
I have 4 different groups:
Chipmunks, Bunnies, Lions, Elephants.

Here are some of my bunnies!

Look at them reading their Amelia Bedelia books! 
I always loved Amelia and her crazy ideas. 

They're totally doing EEKK
Elbow to Elbow, Knee to Knee,
I read to you, you read to me!
Click the picture to get this freebie from my teachers pay teachers page.



No comments:

Post a Comment